Monday, January 4, 2016

A High Concept Sci-Fi Rigamarole

Rick and Morty is a cartoon featured on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim. I used to watch Adult Swim when I was back in college, but the programs on that portion of that station got a little strange for me as I got older. 

I have heard wonderful things about Rick and Morty though and I decided that I needed to check it out. I have now watched each episode multiple times, so, yeah, I can say that it is good. I enjoy the program because there is this subtle layer beneath each episode that provides incredibly deep insights into life and humanity. I find it fascinating that this simple cartoon has so much to teach.

Thus, I have endeavored to re-watch (multiple times I'm sure) each episode and do an analysis of these themes embedded therein. A more scholarly look at a cartoon. It probably will prove to be fun. Or maybe not, but this is my blog and I want to do it.



I guess this isn't really that new of an idea either. I am kinda stealing this idea from one of my favorite youtube shows, PBS Idea Channel. Here is there episode about Rick and Morty.




And if you are interested, I watched the first season on Hulu. I am sure you could get the DVD from Netflix or Amazon. Or, you could probably even just search on youtube and find whole episodes.

No comments: